As Toronto School of Management (TSoM) continues to closely monitor current and projected public health measures, vaccination rates and other factors, a modified on-campus learning option is anticipated for the Fall 2021.
The health and well-being of the student community remains our number one priority. The Fall 2021 return on-campus is contingent on public health directives, improved conditions, and an expected loosening of restrictions in Toronto and Ontario by September.
For the Fall 2021 intakes TSoM expects to deliver programs through a hybrid flexible (HyFlex) learning model, giving students some flexibility to choose their preferred learning format. Students can choose to attend some courses in-person at our campus with the remaining courses online, or to continue fully online.
Students who choose to attend in-person will be required to adhere to all COVID-19 safety protocols. We will continue to monitor the evolution of the pandemic, reinforcing strict safety measures, including campus sanitization, as well as providing support and resources to help students transition.
- For students who are unable to travel to Canada for their studies this Fall 2021 term, or choose not to attend in-person, TSoM programs will continue to also be delivered entirely online until further notice.
- For students intending to travel to Canada, please refer to latest Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) guidelines available on their website. All students entering Canada will be required to adhere to safety protocols outlined by Health Canada.
For more information about HyFlex learning, please contact [email protected]
1. What is the HyFlex model?
The hybrid flexible (HyFlex) learning model means that courses are delivered in-person and online at the same time, by the same faculty member. Students can choose to attend some courses in-person at our TSoM campus with the remaining courses online, or continue fully online.
2. I am planning to arrive in Canada and attend classes in-person. Which days will I be able to select in order to attend classes in-person?
Select days for in-person classes will vary per program. Each in-person class will require students to pre-register via our learning management system (Canvas) to confirm their participation on a first-come, first-serve basis. The number of seats available for in-person classes will be based on total class size and social distancing requirements.
3. When should I let TSoM know about in-person participation?
Upon the student’s arrival to Toronto, we encourage them to confirm in-person participation as soon as pre-registration becomes available on Canvas. Pre-registration is typically published a week prior to class.
4. How many students are allowed for in-person classes?
The number of students vary by classroom size, and are based on social distancing requirements. Each class may have anywhere between 15 to 40 students.
5. How long would an in-person session be?
An in-person session is the same duration as an online session, ranging in duration from 3 hours 45 minutes to 5 hours with break based on the program of study.