1. How does the hiring process work?
TSoM Career Services will recommend potential students to you. You will then have the opportunity to screen the candidates before hiring them. For more information, please contact studentservices@TorontoSoM.ca
2. Which co-op programs are offered by TSoM?
The following diploma programs include a co-op term:
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
3. Where and when can I conduct interviews?
TSoM Career Services will work with you to arrange each interview for prospective candidates.
4. Do I have to pay co-op students?
No, you are not obliged to pay them.
5. Will you monitor students during their placement?
Yes. Our career specialists will be monitoring their attendance and will schedule visits to their assigned employers.
6. What are my responsibilities as a co-op employer?
As a future co-op employer, you should:
- Have a favourable work environment
- Assign sufficient tasks
- Provide a balanced combination of lower and higher skill level tasks
- Follow the provincial or territorial Employment Standards Act and follow workplace health and safety standards
- Set clear expectations
- Complete relevant paperwork, including performance evaluation