TSoM will ensure that you stand out in an increasingly saturated market and will give you essential financial knowledge. As ACCA is a pathway for successful accounting careers, TSoM leaves no stone unturned in preparing students for their exams.
Our preparatory courses cater to learners as well as working professionals, providing practical experience and training. TSoM’s ability to offer a quality education has resulted in us earning the status of Gold Learning Partner by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). We are proud to be the only institution in Canada to have gained this prestigious position and we are committed to holding the highest standards in our accounting education. We are always working to improve our ACCA provision and we add value to the core modules and continuously evolve our teaching technique.
The TSoM faculty comprises dedicated professionals who work hard to guide each student and provide personalized attention. They are subject matter experts who are passionate about bringing merit to their teaching.
Accounting programs at TSoM are taught with plenty of practical training and extensive course materials. This includes ACCA study manuals and class notes, revision kits and cards alongside revision classes.
Students will practice using past and mock exams and extensive feedback from tutors will be available. Further exam technique sessions will thoroughly prepare students to take on their examinations successfully.
The module for ACCA preparatory classes cover the following 13 papers:
AB Accountant in Business
MA Management Accounting
FA Financial Accounting
LW Corporate and Business Law
PM Performance Management
FR Financial Reporting
AA Audit & Assurance
FM Financial Management
Strategic Professional – Essentials
SBL Strategic Business Leader
SBR Strategic Business Reporting
Strategic Professional – Options
APM Advanced Performance Management
AAA Advanced Audit & Assurance
Why study Accounting at TSoM?
TSoM offers preparatory courses and is a recognized ACCA learning provider in Canada. Bringing a blend of theoretical and applied learning, the school has modeled accounting programs to help you achieve success and gain a strong standing in this vast sector.
ACCA is an important certification as it holds the power to raise your earning potential and increase your job prospects. TSoM spends quality time developing its preparatory courses to reveal deeper insights with the help of subject expert tutors who have years of experience – both within academia and industry. Under their trusted guidance, you will gain the ability to link concepts with actual business frameworks.
The learning experience at TSoM is enjoyable and a highly interactive experience as students learn through the award-winning InterActive study platform. Here, you will get the chance to revise the entire ACCA syllabus through HD video recordings and practice questions.
TSoM also offers mentors to help you earn your qualification with the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting with Oxford Brookes University, based in the UK, or you can select a pathway with University Canada West’s (UCW) MBA* program in Vancouver. As well as these career enhancement programs, TSoM also offers a free *resit course, if you are required to repeat an exam.
Sitting ACCA exams is an integral part of studying accounting in Canada and TSoM offers two types of preparatory programs:
- Preparatory Course for ACCA Examination
- ACCA Part-Time Courses
The Preparatory Course for ACCA Examination offers 55 weeks of full-time learning, comprising a total duration of 115 weeks, including scheduled breaks.
The Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills Levels are taught during the day and the Strategic Professional Level is taught during evenings and weekends. Online intakes for this program are also available.
ACCA Part-Time Courses consist of 60 learning hours per paper with 120 hours for the Strategic Business Leader (SBL) course. Online intakes for this program for domestic students are available.
TSoM is also a licensed computer-based examination (CBE) centre for the ACCA global body. This means students can take their on-demand CBE for AB, MA, FA, and LW papers at our campus.
Students keen to pursue accounting programs must meet the following criteria:
- Registration with the ACCA global body
- Possess an Ontario Secondary School Diploma, or equivalent, or be at least 18 years of age and pass the Wonderlic test.
For non-native English speakers
- Successful completion of TSoM EAP Level 4, or
- Have the required IELTS 5.5 score, or equivalent, or
- Pass the TSoM English Assessment (can be completed on-site or online with an exam proctor).
- For more information on English language requirements, please visit the English Proficiency page.
Computer use expectation
In order to successfully progress at Toronto School of Management (TSoM), it’s recommended that each student has access to a personal computer or laptop. TSoM offers access to computer labs on-campus, but availability cannot be guaranteed, and some program software may not be available on all open access computers.
TSoM also offers students discounted laptops and desktop computers through our partner, CDW Canada; should you be interested in purchasing one upon your arrival in Canada, please reach out to Josh Antinolfi, Activities and Accommodation Coordinator at [email protected]
ACCA is a leading accounting body and its prestigious qualification will empower you with knowledge and credibility in this sector and the financial field. Those looking to master technical and management skills and are seeking global opportunities have plenty to gain from passing the ACCA exams.
Given the comprehensive syllabus of ACCA, you can enhance your chances of passing by learning from knowledgeable and dedicated professionals and tutors who are well-versed with ACCA standards and requirements. This also facilities a better understanding of course materials and strengthens your professional development by updating your skills and broadening your perspectives on the subject.
Students looking to get ACCA-qualified and embark upon a successful career will benefit from enrolling on such accounting programs in Canada.
Skills you will gain on an accounting program
Accounting programs in Canada will equip you with various expertise such as:
- Accounting knowledge – preparing financial statements and reports is mandatory for all accountants. Our program will help you understand key skills for planning, controlling and budgeting.
- Managerial skills –identifying, analyzing and communicating accounting information for better decision-making is a prerequisite skill in this sector.
- Technology expertise –in the day and age of automation, it’s vital to get acquainted with technology used in accounting. This course will enhance your knowledge of the use and implementation of accounting software.
- Taxation – an in-depth understanding of tax legislation is vital to understand if you dream of becoming a successful accountant.
- Analysis – being able to analyze information and accordingly forecast, budget and plan future goals is among one of the most important skill-building exercises of this program.
Accounting jobs are available in many sectors ranging from public to private multinationals. You can also explore the option of becoming an entrepreneur or adding to your ACCA with an MBA or law degree – combined qualifications are available at some institutions. Job roles you can look into after studying accounting are:
- Management accountant –preparing financial reports by assessing company operations is the core job of a management accountant. Top firms including the Big Four — KPMG, PwC, Deloitte and EY hire these professionals.
- Financial accountant – responsible for handling the financial activities of an organization, financial accountants record, summarize and interpret all transactions. This role is required by industries of all sizes, from global giants to small businesses.
- Corporate treasurer –the job role of a corporate treasurer entails managing the financial resources of a company and mitigating risks. Often required by big multinationals, they assess financial mergers and acquisitions.
- Forensic accounting –hired by insurance companies, government agencies, banks and more, these professionals analyze and interpret financial information which is complex in nature. Strong investigative skills are a major requirement to be successful in this position.
You can apply in 4 easy steps:
- Call us and get in touch with a student advisor
- Get answers to all your questions
- Discuss program details and other related information
- Enroll with TSoM and start your program
Students keen to study the Preparatory Course for ACCA Examination or ACCA Part-time Courses can choose from the following start dates
Students can conveniently pay their fees online via PayMyTuition, debit card, bank wire transfer, money order, certified cheque or bank draft.
1. What importance does the ACCA qualification hold in the accounting sector?
The accounting field is dynamic and has experienced many changes recently. To stay updated with relevant skills, accountants need to build on their expertise. ACCA is a globally-recognised qualification with 527,000 students and a presence in almost 180 countries.
The ACCA qualification adds to your credibility and showcases advanced levels of skills and knowledge. It also offers varied choices in terms of job roles as it acquaints you with international accounting laws. Therefore, its relevance in the accounting sector is strong and will continue to grow.
2. Can I work in other countries with the ACCA qualification?
The ACCA qualification enhances your job prospects significantly. It’s recognized around the world and is accepted in over 180 countries, allowing you to tap into international job markets.
Multinational companies, including the Big Four deal with clients across the globe and hire ACCA professionals. The greatest advantage of this qualification is that it equips you with knowledge of international accounting standards and rules, giving you the freedom to practice in a number of countries and organizations.
3. How will a professional preparatory program benefit me?
ACCA exams hold a lot of importance and come with a detailed curriculum that will boost your knowledge of the global financial sector. A reputed institution recognized by the ACCA global body, such as TSoM, can offer you an in-depth understanding of course materials.
TSoM tutors have years of experience, both within education and industry, so they are in an excellent position to guide you through each topic, and provide you with relevant extra study materials. Our preparatory program will also familiarize you with the exam structure, and 24/7 guidance will be available throughout the program to support you at all times.