This is a 31-week course, 12 weeks of which will be spent on a co-op placement in sector-related establishments such as hotels, restaurants or other relevant hospitality and tourism places. The program is split equally with 240 hours of guided learning sessions and another 240 hours of a work placement.
Throughout the course, students will have the full support of our expert tutors and your progress will be checked regularly via assessments. Satisfaction levels of students are also assessed to ensure the course is also meeting the personal needs of students.
- Learn about the different aspects of hospitality management such as front desk operations, food and beverage management and customer service
- Gain excellent communications skills that will allow you to work in any business environment
This program will allow you to:
- Focus on the latest developments in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Identify and understand the techniques and theoretical knowledge required in the modern hospitality and tourism environment
- Develop competencies such as effective problem solving, communication skills, excellent customer service skills, leadership and team work
- Acquire the necessary knowledge and skills needed to be successful in the hospitality and tourism industry