The Canadian government has announced the easing of certain travel restrictions for international travellers visiting Canada. As of February 28th 2022 at 12:01AM (Standard Eastern Time), the following updates will take effect:
- The government of Canada will be easing the on-arrival testing for fully-vaccinated travelers. However, travelers will be randomly selected for arrival testing. Travelers will no longer be required to quarantine while waiting for test results
- There is no longer a requirement to quarantine if you are fully vaccinated.
- Unvaccinated foreign travelers will not be permitted to enter Canada unless they meet one of the few exemptions. To understand if you can enter Canada, if you are not vaccinated, please use the Canadian government travel wizard.
- Travelers will now have the option of using a COVID-19 rapid antigen test result (taken the day before of their scheduled flight or arrival via a marine or land border). Alternatively, travelers can still take a molecular test no more than 72 hours before their scheduled flight or arrival at a land or marine border). For the full list of acceptable COVID tests that you can take, please click here. Please note at the time of this announcement, the list of accepted COVID tests have not been updated, please check again after the 28th of February.
- Students will still need valid immigration documents to travel to Canada. Additionally, they will still need to use the ArriveCAN application to submit travel details. For more information and a checklist of items needed please click here.
- Students will need to still email [email protected]* 2 weeks before you travel so that our team can review your immigration/vaccination documents. Our team will also issue you travel support letters for travel.
- If you are planning on taking Air Canada, please email [email protected] to obtain your 15% off discount code for flights. Restrictions and conditions apply.
If at anytime you would like to reach out to TSoM, please respond to this email or you can email [email protected]
Happy travels and we hope to see you soon!
Toronto School of Management Student Services Department
*this email address is no longer being monitored