Student Direct Stream - Faster Processing for International Students
6/15/2018 12:00:00 AM
International students from China, India, the Philippines, and Vietnam hoping to study in Canada will now enjoy an easier processing experience.
This is thanks to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announcing the new Student Direct Stream (SDS). This service will be for students from these countries who provide evidence of financial means to support themselves as well as the language skills to navigate around the country.
IRCC hopes to expand this speedy service to some African students and is currently evaluating this for Kenyan and Senegalese students.
To qualify you will need to include the following with your application:
- Your acceptance letter from TSoM
- Medical examination documents
- Proof that you have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000 (living expenses)
- Evidence that you have paid the fee for your first year of study
- Evidence that you have completed a language test with a score of at least 6 for English in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or at least 7 for French (Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens) in Test d’évaluation de français (TEF).
The reason for this decision is due to Canada’s stupendous popularity as a study destination. Plese note that even if you have citizenship for one of the countries above, but do not reside there, the Direct Stream doesn’t apply to you.
If your application under IRCC is approved, you will get:
- Letter of introduction (present this to immigration when you arrive in Canada)
- A visitor visa (you must use this to enter Canada)
IRCC applications can be refused and your reject letter will explain why. If this happens to you, contact the visa office that sent you a rejection letter for more information.
Contact us Today