- Digital Marketing
Seo tips to climb the Google pagerank
Page ranks and SEO are commonly used phrases when talking about Google. The website is popular globally and provides users with access to innumerable webpages. Though, have you ever wondered how the site decides which of the pages would be most suited to a certain query?
The answer lies in a world of algorithms designed to collect data and help organise webpages by assigning them rankings. This, in turn, becomes a guide for those who use Google for any enquiry.
Since content on Google is vast, every website owner is on the lookout for new promotional techniques. This is where SEO comes into play as it has a crucial role in highlighting useful and relevant content. To turn up among Google’s top rankings is a big achievement and guarantees success for a business.
This blog offers you easy analysis of Google page rankings and also gives you some handy SEO tips that you can use in your own business.
What is a Google Ranking?
It’s no surprise that Google has become everyone’s favourite search engine. The endless information and pages it contains are increasing every day. As users, we turn to this space to find current and useful inputs on a specific topic.
Google PageRank is a method that Google uses to study the relevance of each page and place it accordingly. Hence, every single webpage finds a place on the Google listing making it feasible for users to reach out and get the right information. The algorithm to rank web pages is named after one of the founders of Google, Larry Page.
What is the role of a hyperlink in Google PageRank?
PageRank is a voting system that is created by other pages to back a particular page. We often see many hyperlinks diverting traffic to a certain site. The quantity and number of such links are counted to ascertain the importance of any particular website.
For example site X puts a link for web page Z on their page. The link works as an anchor and a vote that Google sees as an endorsement. They add relevance and importance to both the Z webpage and the site that contains it. This is why using hyperlinks is counted as an SEO best practice.
What is SEO?
All the above information makes it evident that the more traffic your website has, the higher it will rise in Google Ranking. This is all achieved through SEO or search engine optimization. It optimises a website to get traffic from a search engine page through organic and unpaid means. The whole dynamic of SEO revolves around improving the quality of content.
No matter how appealing your webpage is people won't exert energy hunting for it. The internet is a vast place in which SEO makes your site stand out with user-specific information. This way, once someone enters a query, those specific keywords will make your site pop out.
SEO importance cannot be undermined, especially for business users. The right methods can help even a small company gain the right leverage among its consumers.
Google SEO tricks used by marketing gurus
There are a lot of SEO hack tricks floating around in the world of web. Here is a list of SEO tips that can help your website gain the right leverage:
- Choose your host provider well and after a series of trials. This will ensure that you are using the fastest website hosting service. It’s a good idea to know what your competitors are using. You can also test your website's performance for better analysis. Sites like Pingdom provide this service.
- Brainstorm for an excellent CTA in both headline and title tag. This will add to the relevance and popularity of your post in the search engine. A CTA, or call to action, that is catchy, useful and clickable benefits the user and the webpage.
- Even small SEO hacks such as optimising images can have long-term benefits as they make a webpage more user-friendly.
- Upload content that is fresh and trendy. Putting outdated information on your site is a big turn off for the audience. They want adequate, well-researched and current information.
- Content may be the king but without good packaging, it won’t draw in your clients. In other words, optimise your content well for long-tail and other queries. Using specific keywords that users would type in the search engine to pose a question is a significant SEO tip.
- Make sure that users find all the necessary information on your web page even if it means using links to other bloggers. It will help you build a reliable and long-term relationship with the audience.
- Another useful piece of SEO advice is to put a target-based audience as your main goal rather than trying to focus on everyone all at once.
- Make sure that your work is individual and different. No one wants to spend their time on redundant content. Find your niche and own it.
The digital world is brimming with opportunities and with the right guidance, you can build a strong career in this field.