Immigration requirements change regularly, so please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website at for the most up-to-date information.

Visitor’s Visa

Depending on your country of origin, international students who wish to study in Canada for up to six months may need a Visitor’s Visa. You can check the list of countries and territories whose citizens require visas to enter Canada as visitors here.

Study Permit

If you plan to enter Canada for short-term study, you are not required to apply for a Study Permit, as long as the program you take is for a period of six months or less and will be completed within the period authorized upon entry (i.e. up to 6 months). An extension of your Visitor’s Visa for the purpose of completing this short-term program is unlikely to be granted.

If you plan to continue your studies in Canada upon completion of the program, Citizenship and Immigration Canada recommends you apply for a Study Permit and not a Visitor’s Visa.

For studies lasting longer than 6 months, you must apply for a Study Permit. You can work off campus (up to 20 hours) and full-time (40 hours per week) during scheduled academic breaks without a Work Permit as long as you meet all of these requirements:

Be sure to include Toronto School of Management’s DLI* number when applying for your study permit – O131394510557

If you have registered for a program that includes a co-op, we suggest applying for a Co-op Work Permit at the time of filling out your Study Permit application.

*DLI: Designated Learning Institution

Guide to apply for your Study Permit

With more than 7 years of experience in the education sector, Ala Moayeri is currently Toronto School of Management’s in-house immigration consultant. He is a registered and licensed member of the ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council) in good standing and a proud member of Canadian Association Of Professional Immigration Consultants.

Ala Moayeri ICCRC member (#R532525) is ready to advise TSOM students in their immigration matters.

We use cookies to enhance your experience. By continuing to visit this site you agree to our use of cookies. Please read our Privacy and Cookies policy. View more
Accept cookies