WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits is a beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring wines and spirits for those working in the industry, looking to join the industry or wine and spirit enthusiasts.
This 20-hour course provides fundamental product knowledge and systematic tasting skills. You will:
- Understand how wine is made
- Explore major grape varieties and key wine-growing regions
- Consider the vineyard and winery factors that influence the style of wines
- Learn what classifications and other labelling terms mean
- Develop assessment and description skills as you sample wines, sparkling wines, fortified wines, spirits and liqueurs
- Understand and be able to apply basic principles of wine storage, service and food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Upon successful completion of a 50-question multiple-choice exam (at least 55% to pass) you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
*Certificates are awarded by WSET Global
Learn how to wine and spirits like a Pro! Register your spot here!